Meadow Quality have an established pedigree in creating and managing sustainable supply chains that meet both current and evolving consumer needs.
- Calves are procured from selected dairy farms at 3-5 weeks old, then fully overseen until final delivery to the processor.
- We build long-term relationships with dairy farms, promoting semen selection, which will also benefit the beef finisher and the processor.
- Health monitoring of cattle throughout life.
- Health plans are in place across all partnering rearing and finishing units.
- We carry a strong belief in driving the beef industry towards widespread reduction of antibiotics use.
- We have an established network of Approved Finishing Units (AFUs) in place to readily allow access for TB restricted calves.
- Units available with facilities to host trial platforms of both inputs and technology.
- Use of EID and weighing infrastructure to guide drawing and performance analysis
- Ability to build the supply chain around the needs of the target consumer, to encompass breed, sex and production system. This includes organic and regional demands.
- Developed software specifically for measurement of KPIs at baby calf intake.
- Ongoing analysis of growth and finished data to strive for continuous improvement and efficiencies.
- National coverage to allow for alignment of dairy contracts to meet preferable calf and cull cattle outlets.
- Sign up schemes are completed annually, including audit visits and antibiotic strategy planning.
What makes the Integrated Beef Supply Chain different?
- Guaranteed whole life traceability and assurance, including:
- Collection Centres
- Haulier networks
- Rearing & finishing units
- Selection of producers only using the highest welfare farming methods
- Access to consumer driven KPIs, including:
- Carbon measurement
- Antibiotic use
- Feed efficiency
- Consistent carcase profiles
- Short, mid and long-term quota fulfilment and forecasting of prime stock
- Processor visits to ensure full understanding of raw material requirements